Position: Project Officer
The Project Officer will actively contribute to the current activities of the Research & Development Division with the ultimate aim of respecting, protecting, and enhancing the rights of the child. The Project Officer will have the below as main responsibilities:
- Support project development and implementation, including administrative tasks,
- Conduct research and secondary assessments and data collection,
- Implement capacity building, awareness raising, and non-formal education activities (such as training/workshops/conferences),
- Seeking funding opportunities and developing grant applications,
- Assisting in organizing and facilitating dialogue meetings, workshops and seminars,
- Communicating and disseminating the work of the R&D Division,
- Network and communication with R&D existing and prospective partners,
- Represent HFC in partner meetings / conferences in Cyprus and abroad,
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting activities,
- Communicate and cooperate with other “Hope For Children” CRC Policy Center” departments, keeping updated on the organization’s needs and developments.
- Commitment and adherence to the mission, vision, and guiding principles of “Hope For Children” CRC Policy Center,
- Participate in weekly or monthly staff meetings, trainings, and other required meetings,
- Adhere to strict confidentiality policies and procedures,
- Use supervision effectively and work towards personal and professional growth,
- Handle confidential information and have the ability to interact tactfully with other staff and beneficiaries at all levels concerning sensitive issues,
- Work as a team member, providing support as well as constructive feedback in interpersonal interactions,
- Participate and contribute to relevant events of the organization,
- Work under the principles of the CRC, without prejudices and with respect to the principle of non-discrimination.
University degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in a relevant field (such as Social Sciences, Psychology, Education, Law).
The Project Officer will be:
- Enthusiastic, proactive, creative
- Team player
- Goal oriented
- Effective in time management.
The Project Officer will have:
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage and prioritize workload;
- Capacity to work productively and effectively under pressure;
- Flexibility and capacity to adjust promptly and efficiently to new, unforeseen circumstances;
- Concentration and attention to details;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent spoken and written language skills (English and Greek);
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality;
- Experience in EU project development and implementation;
- Prior experience in preparing funding applications/ EU grant proposal considered an advantage;
- Prior experience in training considered an advantage.
Interested individuals should submit their CV and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org